Free Early Childhood Group Programs at the Missouri History Museum!
The Missouri History Museum offers private gallery programs for groups of up to 40 children, ages 2–6. All group visits must be arranged in advance—the sooner the better because our programs are popular and book up fast!
Click HERE to make your reservation today! You may also call (314) 361-9017 for assistance.
NOTE: Programs are available year-round on Wednesdays and Thursdays as early as 9:30am, and on Tuesdays and Fridays as early as 11:30am. Effective September 1, 2016, these programs may be reserved during weekend hours for a fee of $150 per group. Click on a program below to learn more!
Early childhood gallery programs are led by museum educators and take place in the Museum's galleries. Each program lasts 75 to 90 minutes and includes the following components:
- Interactive story time: A museum educator will engage children through high-quality thematic storybooks.
- Craft project: Children will make their own simple craft projects that align with the program theme.
- Facilitated gallery exploration: With the guidance of a museum educator, children will explore a gallery, applying their knowledge about the topic. This activity fosters close observation skills.
- Counting exercises: Children will be encouraged to practice counting together during stories and exploration time.
- Movement: In order to engage kinesthetic learners, museum educators will incorporate hand motions during story time and full-body movements during gallery exploration.
- Music: During story time, children will be invited to learn a song and/or hear music related to the theme.
Please contact email@example.com or (314) 454-3114 for further information regarding the curriculum.