"The Missouri Historical Society serves as the confluence of historical perspectives and contemporary issues to inspire and engage our audiences."
Foster Community Engagement
- We are connected to the communities of our region in relevant and engaging ways.
- The stories we tell are inspired by our collections and the history of the region.
- We facilitate discussions of social issues and those that encourage civic identity.
- We encourage staff to participate in civic endeavors.
Lead Education and Exploration
- We challenge our audiences and ourselves to explore and grow.
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity, and innovation drive our work.
- We commit to using our renowned historical collections to be a leader in education.
- We encourage our visitors to explore our region's history, their place in it, and the experiences of others.
Strive for Excellence and Expertise
- We strive for excellence in all we do.
- Museum operations and business practices meet the highest ethical standards.
- We operate with integrity and transparency and are accountable to the communities we serve.
Commit to Stewardship and Sustainability
- We are responsible stewards of community resources.
- We are comprehensive and strategic about what and how we collect.
- We commit to long-term preservation, conservation, interpretation, and accessibility of our collections.
Honor Inclusivity and Collaboration
- We create a welcoming environment for all visitors.
- Our work environment is congenial, accessible, and inclusive.
- Within the bounds of civility and respect, we encourage meaningful dialogue about challenging topics from diverse perspectives.
Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax